i’ve made 3 tank tops from 3 different patterns so far:
1: (top left) Wiksten tank
. Pattern cost = $8.50. I made this first, and it is the most simple. No darts (probably won’t make again because of it). I like the pocket.
2: (top right) Deer and Doe Datura blouse
. Pattern cost = ~$20. The construction of this top is very professional and its fun to make. It includes variations for two types of collars. Will make again.
3: (bottom) Collette Patterns Sorbetto
tank. Pattern cost = pattern is FREE. Has darts and a front pleat. Took me about 3 hours to make. I did an inverse box pleat and hid the bias tape. Will make again.
(I think its about time to move on to a new type of garment, and i think i am banning myself from any more florals…)
Next I am planning a sleeveless Hawthorn with some beautiful greenish bluish linen, and also I NEED TO FINISH my Folded sweater.
In other news, I’ve got some sticky bun dough rising in the kitchen…. mmmmmmm!
currently listening: sound of silver, lcd soundsystem (what else on the longest day of the year??)
i finished my Datura blouse!
it was a little rough to work through the directions, especially for the yoke; but after reading and re-reading (and re-reading), i did it! i found surprisingly few examples / tutorials / sew-a-longs about this pattern, so i felt pretty trailblazer-y while i was making it. i had to completely redo and remake the bias tape for the neck because i had sewing machine issues, but after i BOUGHT A NEW SEWING MACHINE, i whipped it out really quickly. it is shocking how bad the old machine was– it skipped stitches like crazy and the tension was so bad no matter what setting i had it on.
this project employed a LOT of new-to-me techniques.
bias tape / hand-sewn blind hem:
buttonholes (omg the machine is AMAZING for this):
fully lined yoke:
here are some shots that Jacob took: